I am deeply interested in a wide range of psychological issues and I continue to study and seek advanced training in my field. Much of my experience and training has centered around working with the following.
- Adult depression, including bi-polar depression
- Panic attacks or acute anxiety (specialty area)
- Working with teens and their parents
- The needs of mothers of special-needs children
- Working with adult caregivers of their elderly parents
- Men’s issues focused on career or relationship stagnation
- Sexual issues whether you are in a couple or not
I received my doctorate in Professional Psychology (PsyD) from the George Washington University in Washington, DC and my Bachelor of Arts degree from Washington University in St. Louis. I am licensed as a Clinical Psychologist in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the District of Columbia. I completed my internship at the American University Counseling Center in Washington, DC. I have advanced training in treating adolescents and adults across the lifespan, couples, conducting group therapy and providing supervision to clinical trainees. I have provided numerous workshops on managing stress, relaxation training, conflict resolution, and gaining emotional intelligence.